iPhone lock screen contains the Camera shortcut. This is for the ease of users, they can capture sudden moments within no time. Some people don’t like this option. They even don’t know that their iPhone camera is on while even they don’t have it in hands. This also cost excessive battery consumption. Every aspect of technology and it’s features have drawbacks and benefits. iPhone is very weak in terms of customization, but luckily iPhone camera shortcut at startup is customizable. If you don’t know, how to remove camera option from lock screen on iPhone, it’s our duty to guide you about this.
How to Remove Camera Option from iPhone Lock Screen:
The procedure to remove camera option from the iPhone lock screen is reversible. Means you can remove the camera option from the lock screen in iPhone and you can add it again by following the same steps. So let’s see what we need to do in order to remove the camera from the iPhone Lock screen.
Remove Camera Option from iPhone Lock Screen (Screen Time):
Apple has made major amendments in iOS 12. Now we have freedom in many restrictions which iPhone users haven’t before. From those amendments, Screen Time is the key innovation. Basic function os Screentime is to tell you how much time you spend on each app in the iPhone.
• First of all! go to the iPhone Settings from Home Menu.
• Tap on the Screen Time option usually located below “Do Not Disturb”.
• Enable “Turn on Screen Time” by tapping on the option.
• If you haven’t used Screen Time option in your iPhone before, then iOS will brief you about it first. Tap on Continue option, fulfill the further formalities.
(Actually, this feature was made to check the activities of kids. A child who are using the iPhones, their parents can check, how much their children are giving time to each app.)
• After enabling this feature, you will see some additional features under the Screen Time option. Find Content & Privacy Restrictions option, tap on it. now you should Toggle it ON.
• Now the list of apps will appear which are showing their presence in other places too rather than Apps Menu. Most of the apps are comes in Stock with iOS. Tap on the Camera option and toggle it off.
• Once you have enabled it, tap on Allowed Apps which was previously grayed out. Here you will find a list of some basic apps that come pre-installed on your iPhone. Tap on the Camera option to toggle it off.
That’s all! you can check, the camera icon will disappear from Lock Screen now. But the process doesn’t end here. When you will disable camera from Screen Time, it will get vanished from Apps Collection too. It means if you have removed the camera from lock screen, you can’t use iPhone Stock camera app further, either phone is locked on unlocked. Don’t worry there are many best Camera apps for the iPhone, which are far better than stock camera. Download any high rated camera app from the App Store and use it anytime.
We have mentioned the drawback of Camera option at the iPhone lock screen. Even if we tap on the option by mistake, the camera will turn on. On camera can finish the iPhone battery even it was full. So for battery safety and avoiding consumption, it’s better to remove the camera option from iPhone Lock Screen. As the best alternative to the iPhone stock camera app, we have got pretty much camera apps variety at App Store.