No service error means you can’t use carrier services such as calls, text messages and mobile networks. WiFi Network is the only way to use internet connection. This error usually occurs in areas where is no network coverage. Sometimes users also see a message of searching for services. If you are facing no service other than these issues then you must check your iPhone and perform some workarounds. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to fix no service on iPhone. Sometimes small glitches and software bugs affect the performance of the device. So today we will tell you possible solutions to fix no service on iPhone.
Possible Solutions to Fix no service on iPhone
- 1 Possible Solutions to Fix no service on iPhone
- 1.1 #1: Turning on/off Airplane Mode
- 1.2 #2: Turn on Cellular Data
- 1.3 #3: Check Date and Time Settings
- 1.4 #4: Restart iPhone
- 1.5 #5: Change Voice and Data
- 1.6 #6: Update iPhone Carrier Settings
- 1.7 #7: Update iOS Software on iPhone
- 1.8 #8: Reset Network Settings
- 1.9 #9: Reset All Settings
- 1.10 #10: Factory Reset iPhone
- 1.11 #11: Reset iPhone through iTunes
Here are the possible solutions to Fix no service on iPhone device.
#1: Turning on/off Airplane Mode
First thing comes first, you can easily solve this issue by turning on/off Airplane Mode on the iPhone. Follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Go to mobile settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap Airplane Mode
- Turn it on. After one minute turn off Airplane mode to fix the issue.
#2: Turn on Cellular Data
If the above method won’t fix the issue then turn on the cellular data. If you traveling abroad then you must turn on data roaming in order to avoid no service message.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Go to Phone Settings.
- Tap Cellular
- Tap Cellular and turn it on.
#3: Check Date and Time Settings
If date and time are not set according to the current time zone then you might no service issue on iPhone. To avoid such an issue you must enable the option of set automatically.
- Go to Settings and connect your iPhone with WiFi connection.
- Now from main settings go to General and Select Data and Time.
- Here enable the option of set automatically.
#4: Restart iPhone
Restart the iPhone is always very beneficial. This method is always very useful for software related issues.
- Press and Hold Power/Wake/Sleep Button for a few seconds.
- A red slider appears on the screen. After seeing the slider release the button.
- Now drag the red slider on the right side to turn off your iPhone.
- After 2-3 minutes turn on your iPhone by pressing the Power button.
- Release the Power button after seeing the apple logo on the screen.
#5: Change Voice and Data
Users can fix no service on iPhone by changing voice and data. Here is how you can do it
- Unlock your iPhone. Go to Phone Settings.
- Tap on Cellular.
- From Cellular options go to Voice Data.
- Now select 3G if you are using 4G and vice versa.
- Click the home button and go back to the main homepage and see if your cellular data is back.
#6: Update iPhone Carrier Settings
Make sure that Carrier Settings of iPhone is up to date. Here is how you can check the update of carrier settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General and then tap About.
- You will get a notification if there’s an update available.
#7: Update iOS Software on iPhone
Sometimes you face no service issue on iPhone if the firmware of the device is not up to date. So make sure that your iPhone is updated to latest iOS update. Here is how you can check for software update.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
#8: Reset Network Settings
This method is useful for Network issues. It also works for WiFi and Bluetooth issues. So it might fix no service on iPhone. To Reset Network Settings you need to follow these simple steps below.
- Unlock your iPhone Device.
- Tap on Settings and Tap General.
- Tap Reset and then Reset Network Settings.
- Now you will see a confirmation message. Click on Reset to Confirm Reset Network Settings.
#9: Reset All Settings
Reset settings to default are the best way to overcome issues related to software. Here is how you can do it.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General and then Reset.
- Now select Reset All Settings.
- Confirm the process by tapping Reset All Settings.
#10: Factory Reset iPhone
Factory Reset is one of the best methods for solving problems that are software related. This method deletes all of your data. So make sure that you have backup all your media and important files. Follow the steps given below to Factory Reset iPhone.
- Tap on iPhone Settings.
- Tap General and find Reset option.
- Click on the Reset.
- Make sure that Erase All Content and Settings is checked.
- Click Reset option to perform a factory reset on your iPhone.
#11: Reset iPhone through iTunes
If you are still facing the same issue on your iPhone then the best way to overcome it by resetting phone through iTunes. It will clear all data from the device. So make sure that you have made a backup of data. To Reset iPhone through iTunes you need to follow these steps below.
- Install iTunes on PC. (Download Link)
- After installation. Open iTunes Software on PC/Mac
- Now connect iPhone with PC using a data cable.
- From the Computer screen, Click on the option of Trust This Computer.
- Once connected, Click your iPhone which you will see on the top right corner.
- Click the Summary Tab and select Restore iPhone.
- On Confirmation window Click restore again.
- That’s it.
This is how you can fix no service on iPhone. If you are still facing this issue on your iPhone then it must be an issue with the hardware of the device. In that case, you must have to check your device to the technician. Moreover, if you are facing an issue while performing these solutions above then feel free to contact us through the comments below. We get back to you as soon as possible.