In this tutorial, we will tell you how to delete all contacts on Android Smartphones and Tablets. The default contacts app won’t delete all contacts at the same time. Reasons behind deleting all contacts could be any. But most common situations for removing contacts from Android device are; when you sell your device, when you lend your device to someone, too many contacts etc. So if you want to remove all contacts from Android device then you are at the right place. Below you can see instructions on how to delete all contacts on Android devices.
How to Delete All Contacts on Android Device
There are a couple of ways by which users can delete all contacts on Android device. Follow these methods to remove Contacts from your Smartphone.
#1: Clear Device Data
This is one of the best and the easiest way to remove all contacts from Android. But to clear contact data from the device. The first thing you need to do is to Disable Google Contact Sync. Follow these steps to uncheck Sync Contacts from Google Account.
- Open Phone Settings.
- Scroll down and select Accounts.
- Click on your Google Account.
- Now uncheck Sync Contacts.
If you have sync contacts with other apps like Facebook, Twitter as well. Then you have to Disable Contacts for those apps as well. Once done, now you need to go to
- Phone Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications.
- Go to Manage Applications and click All.
- Now select Contacts and the Storage.
- Here you need to Clear Data.
This process will clear all data related to contacts. It removes recent calls, calls logs, favorites etc as well.
#2: Delete All Sync Contacts
It is an alternative way to Delete All Contacts on Android. If you want to delete all contacts from Account you sync with then you need to need to open it on your computer. For example, if you have sync all contacts with your Gmail account then you need to follow these simple instructions below.
- Login to your Gmail Account by going to https://mail.google.com
- After a successful login. You need to click on the icon of the dotted square and select contacts.
- Now you will see all of your contacts.
- First, click on any contact and then select all contacts.
- Now click on three dots icon and select Delete.
This is how you can remove/delete all contacts on Android. If you face any issue while deleting contacts on any Android Smartphone and Tablet then let us know in comments below.