Galaxy S7 is a flagship device by Samsung. This device had stayed in the limelight even months before its release. Samsung S7 comes with several amazing features. It has become popular because of its stylish design and display technology. Moreover, you will experience a long battery life and professional camera technology. For those who don’t know much about Samsung Galaxy S7 Specifications, here are the major and minor specifications of the device.
Galaxy S7 Specifications
- 1 Galaxy S7 Specifications
- 2 How to Fix Galaxy S7 Microphone Issues
|Network Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|Dimensions||142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)|
|Display||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|OS||Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Chipset||Exynos 8890 Octa|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|Memory||32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM (Card Slot MicroSD up to 265gb)|
|Camera|| Single Rear Camera
Single Selfie Camera
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery|
How to Fix Galaxy S7 Microphone Issues
Despite these amazing specifications, Some users face issues while using Samsung Galaxy S7 due to hardware and software malfunction. Today in this guide we are covering an issue related to the microphone of S7. People are complaining that the microphone of S7 is not working properly during calls. Moreover, some are saying that headphone mic not working on S7 Android device. We have gathered some possible workarounds and solutions which help users fix Galaxy S7 Microphone Issues. All Workarounds below are possible solutions. Test Microphone of Galaxy S7 after performing every method.
#1: Test Microphone of S7
First thing comes first. Test the microphone of the device through voice memos apps such as the voice recorder. Open Voice Recorder App and click on the Red button. Now speak anything to record. You can also use other third-party apps for voice recording. Once done, play and listen to that recording. If it’s not working then follow the workaround given below.
#2: Clean Microphone of the device
Sometimes the microphone of the device is covered through dirt and dust. It might be the cause why you are facing an issue with a microphone of Galaxy S7. If this is the case then you need to clean the microphone of the device. Use fiber or cotton cloth to clean dust from the microphone of the device. Now again record anything on the device through voice recording app.
#3: Clear Cache
Cache memory usually creates an issue with Smartphone. So it is recommended to Android users to clear device cache once in a month. Cleaning cache memory minimizes the risk of bugs and issue related to software. Here is how you can clear cache memory of Galaxy S7.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Home, Volume up and Power keys at the same time. After seeing Samsung Logo on the screen release the Power key but keep holding Home and Volume Up keys.
- After seeing Android Logo release all buttons.
- Wait for 1 minute to gets options.
- Use Volume key to navigate the option.
- Highlight wipe cache partition.
- Now press Power key to select the option.
- Highlight and Select the option of Yes.
- Wait until the device cleans the cache memory.
- Once done, highlight and select Reboot system now.
#4: Reset All App Preferences
If you are facing issue microphone on a specific app then it might an issue with the settings of the app. To overcome this issue Reset All Apps Preferences. To do so you need to
- Open Settings of Galaxy S7.
- Scroll down and Tap on Apps.
- Tap on three dots icon at the top right corner. Select More Settings.
- Tap on Reset app preferences.
#5: Reset All Settings
Reset settings to default is the best way to overcome issues related to software. Not just a microphone, in fact, it rectifies all minor issues of Smartphone. This method clear everything except language and account settings. Follow these steps to reset all settings on Galaxy S7.
- Open Settings app on Galaxy S7.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- From available options find and Tap on Reset Option.
- Now Tap on Reset Settings and confirm the option by tapping the Reset Settings button.
#6: Enable Safe Mode
Safe mode clears minor issues and bugs from Smartphone. Sometimes application gets corrupted, and in a result, you will face microphone issue. To Fix Galaxy S7 Microphone Issues you must enable Safe Mode on Galaxy S7 and delete that particular app. Here is how you can do it.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and Hold Power button for few seconds to turn on the device.
- After seeing the Samsung Logo on the screen. Press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Keep pressing Volume Down button until the device gets turned on fully.
- That’s it. Galaxy S7 is in Safe Mode.
After deleting the app. Disbale Safe Mode on Galaxy S7. To do so you need to
- Press and hold the power button to get options.
- From options, select Power off.
- It will take some time to turn off your device.
- Turn on the device and now your device is in normal mode.
#7: Install Latest Software and Apps Updates
New updates are always vital. If you don’t update apps and your device is not up to date with the latest firmware then you might face several issues. So it is recommended to install the latest updates. Here is how you can check for System Update.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Software update.
- Click on Download Updates Manually.
- It will now check for updates.
- Update System on Galaxy S7 (if available)
To install the latest updates on Apps you need to open
- PlayStore App.
- Tap on three lines icon at the top left corner.
- Tap on My Apps & Games.
- Now Tap on Update All option (If available)
#8: Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S7 (Factory Reset)
Hard Reset (Factory Reset) is the final solution for any software related issue. This method will clear all bugs and glitches from the device. It changes or restores all settings to factory. We have already drafted a guide to factory reset Galaxy S7. You can read the details from here. Hopefully, this method resolves your galaxy S7 microphone issues. Hard Reset is not just useful for fixing general issues but it also enhances device performance and boosts battery timing.